This external genlock device from Video Electronics Ltd performs two functions:
- The Beeb-Lock unit synchronises the RGB output from a BBC Micro to a composite colour video signal from a camera, studio, videodisk player, etc. and encodes the three separate RGB waveforms in a standard PAL format.
- The BL.2K mix/key board allows the PAL encoded output from the Beeb-Lock to be mixed with the input video signal in a variety of way without the use of any other vision mixing equipment. Alternatively a Beeb-Lock system with the BL.2K board can be used as a 'downstream keyer' to add captions and graphics over the output from an existing studio mixer.
Item consists of:
Date : Unknown
- VEL Beeb-lock 2K unit with BL.2K mix/key board installed.
- VEL BPU1 power supply.
- Genlock interface cable, type two.
- Application note BL2K.001: Beeb-Lock downstream mix/key extension board type BL2K.
- Application note BL2K.002: Connecting the BL.2K downstream mix/key board to video systems.
- Application note BL2K.003: BL2K downstream mix/key board operating notes.
- Installation details for VEL Beeb-Lock interface to BBC Micro (issue 2).
Manufacturer : Video Electronics ltd
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH41926. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Image For Detail