Zuse sold first Z4 computer
In 1949 Konrad Zuse founded the Zuse KG with five employees in a small village of about 800 inhabitants called Neukirchen (Kreis Hünfeld, 120 km north of Frankfurt). (Note that "KG" means a special type of company in the form of a limited partnership. From 1949 to 1947 the partners were: Alfred Eckardt, Harro Stucken, and Konrad Zuse. From 1957 the partners were Konrad Zuse and his wife, and from 1964 onwards the Zuse KG had a number of owners as described later in this section.) The Zuse KG was the first computer company in Germany. The building used by the Zuse KG in Neukirchen was formerly a post relay station.
The first task of the Zuse KG in 1949 was to restore the Z4 for delivery in 1950 to Zürich. The Z4 was moved from Hopferau to Neukirchen (a journey of about 500 km) and was enhanced with the following features:
Implementing a conditional branch capability.
Adding instructions for printing the results on a Mercedes typewriter or a punch tape.
Storing numbers on the punch tape in order to transfer them into the Z4’s memory.
Writing results on a punch tape.
Improving the facing of the machine, for example: adding sheathing for the relay cupboards.
Separating the service unit and the relay cupboards.
Further information can be found at http://www.epemag.com/zuse/part7a.htm
Click on the Images