Correspondence relating to lectures given outside Lyons by David Caminer and other members of the LEO team from late 1961 to early 1962.
- Correspondence arranging a talk to students on the Diploma in Management Studies at The Polytechnic - Regent Street (now the University of Westminster).
- Letter from R.L. Edgerton to David Caminer, inviting him to meet students on the Management Studies Diploma course and give a talk on 'What I Expect From My Managers', dated 29th Sep 1961;
- Reply from David Caminer dated 16th Oct 1961, agreeing to attend for the talk on 10th Nov 1961.
- Correspondence arranging a technical demonstration of LEO III at Minerva Road to support John Pinkerton's paper to the Institution of Electrical Engineers' Symposium on Electronic Aids to Banking scheduled for 17-18 Jan 1962.
- Letter from W.K. Brasher (Secretary, Institution of Electrical Engineers) suggesting a technical demonstration 'of equipment or devices similar to those described in the Technical Contributions to the Symposium Programme', to which John Pinkerton had evidently submitted a paper on LEO, dated Dec 1961;
- File copy letter from David Caminer to W.K. Brasher (Secretary, Institution of Electrical Engineers) suggesting a demonstration of LEO III at Minerva Road, dated 9th Jan 1962;
- File copy letter from Doug Comish to Bob Gibson re: Outside Lectures dated 9th Jan 1962;
- File copy letter from Bob Gibson to all LEO managers, dated 15th Jan 1962;
- Internal Lyons memo from John Pinkerton to TR Thompson re possible contribution to a British Computing Society Automatic Programming Symposium by the LEO team, dated 15th Jan 1962;
- Internal Lyons memo from John Smythson (LEO Training & Recruitment) to LEO management staff giving notice of a talk on the LEO Document Reader to be given by Dan Broido to the British Computer Society Committee in March 1962;
- Letter from Institute of Chartered Accountants Special Interest Group for Data Processing.
Date : 29th September 1961 to March 1962
Physical Description : 1 file (10 pages), paper; typescript
From David Caminer's papers.
Archive References : CMLEO/DC/LP/63721/8
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH63996. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
This document has been scanned and is available to view online.
LEO Computers Ltd copyright
File Size: 5.66 MB