First part of a file of LEO Computers Company Secretary's papers concerning the merger with English Electric.
- Draft press release re: merger of Lyons Computer business (i.e. LEO Computers) with English Electric, to be released on 8th Feb 1963.
- Internal Lyons memo 'Note for Mr Byron' from M.A. Holmyard, re: planned schedule of meetings, 13th Mar 1963.
- Internal memo to C.G. Mann from M.A. Holmyard requesting share certificates for LEO Computers Ltd for John Simmons, David Caminer, John Pinkerton and Holmyard himself - 'all these four shareholdings are to be transferred to Lyons as part of the arrangements for the merger with English Electric', 19th Mar 1963.
- Copy letter to F.E.H. Levinson (Bartlett & Gluckstein, Solicitors) from M.A. Holmyard re transfer of shares as agreed at Extraordinary General Meeting of LEO Computers Ltd, 20 Mar 1963.
- Letter from John Pinkerton to Anthony Salmon (Lyons Board), resigning as a Director of LEO Computers Ltd, 24th Mar 1963.
- Notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting of LEO Computers Ltd to be held at English Electric House to vote on changing the name from LEO Computers Ltd to English Electric-LEO Computers Ltd, 29th Mar 1963.
- Draft Agreement between English Electric Company Ltd, J. Lyons & Company and LEO Computers Ltd dated 29th Mar 1963.
Date : 8th February 1963 to 29th March 1963
Physical Description : 1 file (18 pages), paper; typescript
Collected by Peter Bird as part of his research for his book LEO - The First Business Computer (1994).
Archive References : CMLEO/PB/CS/EELC/1
, DCMLEO20201126004-005,007-011, DCMLEO20210629001-011
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH64212. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
This document has been scanned and is available to view online.
LEO Computers Ltd, English Electric and English Electric-Leo Computers
File Size: 6.29 MB