The Super Rare Mixtape Vol. 1 is a curated collection of indie games from some of the best and brightest up-and-coming developers, including a wide variety of small games & demos - all playable on your Windows PC.
- 30 games - a curated collection of 30 varied games from small indie developers in the freeware scene - from retro first-person shooters and platformers, to visual novels, tower defenses, and quick experimental ideas, this is a showcase of pure creativity that finally gives these smaller games the attention and preservation they deserve
- 6 demos - to fit with its PC compilation disc/PS1 demo disc type vibes, we've partnered with teams behind some of the most exciting upcoming commercial indie games to provide playable demos - including SkateBIRD, Grapple Dog, Billie Bust Up, and more!
- USB tape cassette - your mixtape of games are fittingly featured on a tape cassette shaped USB, complete with a built-in custom launcher for easy plug 'n' play use on your Windows PC or laptop (not Mac compatible and not a Switch game!)
- Collector's box - the gorgeous slim box, designed to fit in with your games collection, also includes a full-colour manual with a full page dedicated to each of the 36 titles and why we chose them for this collection
- 2,000 copies* - as a test to see if there's an audience for this uniquely new idea of physical collections of tiny indie games for PC, only 2,000 copies of Volume 1 are available for sale - hopefully we can make many more volumes in the future! (*2,100 copies have been printed in total as additional units were needed for the many developer samples)
- List of games included: A Mini Falafel Adventure, Becalm, Daughter of Reyn, Detritus, Echoes+, Emily is Away, Enviro-Bear 2000, Fairy Song, Forklift Man, FRAGMENT: Extended Edition, Garbageboi+, Good Morning Drifter, Greetings, Guardian Sphere, Homerun Bun+, Kiwi 64, Lianthus, Lucid Heist, Lycanthorn, Missed Messages, NO PLAYERS ONLINE, Paint Game, Pearl Grabber, Quest of Graal, Secret Tea Garden, Stellar Nexus, Tempo Quest, Tonsil Terror, Two Timin' Towers, and YOU LEFT ME.
Also includes demos for Billie Bust Up, CONSCRIPT, Grapple Dog, Pathogen-X, SkateBIRD, and The Lone Blade.
Only 2000 copies were released.
||PC Windows 32 Bit
||Cassette-shaped USB drive
Super Rare Games
||19th August 2021
|Product Code :
Other Software by Super Rare Games:
Information About Super Rare Games:
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH66377. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Images