System Modification Program Extended (5668-949)
MVS Custom-Build Installation Process Offering (5751-CS1)
MVS Custom-Build Product Delivery Offering (5751-CS3)
Process Aids (5751-CS2) Drivers (5665-343)
Second Edition (October 1987)
This book replaces the previous edition, GC23-0351-0, which is now obsolete. It
also takes the place of System Modification Program Extended General Information,
GC28-1106, and MVS Custom-Built Offerings General Information and Planning,
GC23-0127, which are also obsolete.
This edition applies to the following licensed program and program offerings:
• System Modification Program Extended (SMP/E) Release 4, licensed program
number 5668-949, which is applicable to Release 3.8 of 0S/VS2 (MVS) and all
subsequent releases, unless otherwise indicated
• MVS Custom-Built Installation Process Offering (CBIPO), program number
• MVSCustom-Built Product Delivery Offering (CBPDO), program niunber
• MVS Custom-Built Installation Process Offering Process Aids, program
• MVS Custom-Built Installation Process Offering Drivers, program number
IBM provides several offerings to help you order, install, and service
• System Modification Program Extended (SMP/E) - a tool for installing
and tracking changes for products and service.
• The MVS Custom-Built Installation Process Offering (CBIPO) —a
software package for creating or replacing an MVS system or
• The MVS Custom-Built Product Delivery Offering (CBPDO) —a
software package for adding products or service to an existing MVS
system or subsystem.
• The CBIPO Process Aids - documentation for a model MVS system,
without any product code, which can be used to plan the installation of
• The MVS CBIPO Drivers —a load-and-go MVS/370 system to help you
install a CBIPO system if you do not already have an MVS system to
This book will help you select the offering that is right for you. You should
already have a working knowledge of how to install products and service on
an MVS system. For a list of books in the SMP/E, CBIPO, and CBPDO
libraries, see Appendix A, "Related Documentation" on page 37.
This document has recently been digitised and made available here. Digitising our collections requires significant resources. Please consider making a donation to the Centre if you download this document! The donate button is at the top of this page, by the search bar.
Reference Number : GC23-0351-1
Date Published : October 1987
Manufacturer : IBM
Format : PDF (52 pages)
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH8598. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Images For Detail
This manual can be downloaded from the Computing History Shop.
- File Size: 2.84 MB
- Price: £4