Collections Manager vacancy
We're looking for a Collections Manager to help us look after our amazing collection.
Part Time 2 days/week, fixed term for 1 year
Closing Date: 09/05/18
is seeking an experienced Collections Manager to implement and improve
our collections management procedures. We are due to submit our
application for Accredited Museum status in June 2018.
new policies and plans have been drafted to meet the requirements of the
scheme. Our in-house database has recently been overhauled to meet
SPECTRUM standards. We are currently working on implementing new
processes to address our collections backlog, including refitting our
You would contribute to all of these areas and would be our 'go-to' person for all things accreditation-related.
- Oversee collections management at CCH.
- Implement collections policies and plans, including all policies relating to Museums Accreditation.
- Liaise with our Archivist on implementing our Documentation Plan.
- Act as the first point of contact for collections and research queries.
- Oversee improvements to all current stores, including environmental monitoring & control and Integrated Pest Management.
- Search and apply for appropriate grants and other funding sources to
improve collections management, in conjunction with museum finance
- Manage the Archiving volunteer team in conjunction with the Archivist.
- Work with the CEO to identify collections-based projects for the Technical volunteer team.
- Ideally, produce research on our collections and identify external sources for publication of this research.
- At least three years in a collections management role.
- Knowledge of collections management IT systems (such as Modes) and the ability to adapt to our bespoke in-house system.
- Experience of training and supervising volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- An ability to work independently and with colleagues.
- Evidence of a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of dealing with both internal and external contacts.
- Self-motivated and committed to delivery of high quality outcomes for CCH.
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to CPD and training.
- MA in Museum Studies or equivalent qualification
- Conservation knowledge of specific materials in our collection,
including but not limited to: plastics, metals, working collections,
- Knowledge of and interest in computing history, contemporary computing, and computer science.
- Research and publication experience.
successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the
Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references.
also have a vacancy for a Visitor Services Co-ordinator. For the right
candidate, the roles could be combined to make a full time post. Please
enquire for details.
For an informal chat please contact Jason Fitzpatrick, Lisa McGerty or Jeremy Thackray on 01223 214446.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter indicating salary expectations to
Lisa McGerty, The Centre for Computing History, Rene Court, Cambridge CB1 3EW or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date : 27-04-2018