Computing Books written by Various
The following is a list of Computing Books written by Various in the Centre for Computing History collection. It is not an exhaustive list of and other books may have been published. If you have a book that you would like to donate to our collection, please view our donations page.
There are 10
Computing Books written by Various in our collection :
Compute!'s First Book of PET/CBM
This book was produced by Compute! magazine editors in 1981, with parts of it appearing in issues of the magazine in 1980. It provides a starting guide to the Commodore PET and Commodore CBM computers. The book could work as a step-by-step guide, but many of the articles stand alone, having been gathered from various editions of the magazine.
Publisher: Compute! Books
Platform: Commodore PET / CBM
Microcomputers in Education
Microcomputers in Education is a collection of articles edited by Christopher Smith. It contains the following articles:
* A system approach to curriculum development, the Manchester project for computer studies in schools by Kathleen Hennessy
* Mechanism for CAL origination by Bob Lewis
* In-service micro courses for the teaching profession by David Burghes
* The role of the Local Education Authorities by Keith Tomilinson
* A national software library by David Walker
* Microcomputers and special education: survey and prospects by Peter Goodyear
* COMAL - an educational alternative by Borge Christensen
* Software standards BASIC and COMAL by Roy Atherton
* PETCAI: A system for developmnt and delivery of computer-assisted instruction by Danny Doyle and Gawcott Bucks
* Some techniques and applications of computer grapics in CAL by Adrian Oldknow
* A versatile double-density plotting and screen to hardcopy package in CAL by David Williams
* PETNET - data transmission system by Nick Green
* The use of microcomputers to control equipment by Peter Avis
* PETs in practical class: the case for computer assisted experimentation by Christopher Smith
* Teaching processor architecture and low level languages at 'A' level using a model computer by Peter Bishop
* The possibilities of using CAL on Business Education Council Courses by Adrian Woods
* School administration without discs: how much can be done? by Ian Birnbaum
This edition was published in 1982 by Ellis Horwood Limited.
Publisher: Ellis Horwood Limited
Microprocessor Development and Development Systems
Microprocessor Development and Development Systems is a book edited by Vincent Tseng. It covers such topics as the need for microprocessor development system, microprocessor application development, development aids, the approaches to the provision of tools, software facilities, in-circuit emulation, development without development systems.
This edition was published in 1982 by Granada Publishing.
Morality in the Information Society
Complete record of the discussion forum "Morality in the Information Society" held at the Institution of Electrical Engineers on 11 December 1997. It contains the following chapters:
* Foreword by P. E. Secker
* Opening Remarks by the Chairman Sir Micheal Marshall
* Keynote Address by J. M. Taylor
* 'What Hath God Wrought' Ethical and Spiritual Implications of the Information Society by R. J. C. Charters
* Traiding in the Information Age by R. P. Horwood
* Data Protection - for Whose Benefit? by P. C. Whitehouse
* Taming the Dragon - the Regulation of Internet Business Activity by R. Gaitskel
* Discussion Session
* Does More Mean Better? The Challenge for Children in Coping with Information Overload by N. Williams
* Discussion Session
* Personal Boundaries/Global Stage by H. W. Thimbley
* General Discussion
* Open forum
* Summary by Sir Micheal Marshall
This compilation was published in 1998 by the Institution of Electrical Engeneers.
Publisher: Institution of Electrical Engeneers
Date: June 1984
Programming the Electron
Programming the Electron is a book written by John D. Ferguson, John Gordon, Louie Macari, Ian McLean, Simon Rushbrook Williams, Anthony Shaw, and published by Newness Technical Books in 1984.
Publisher: Newness Technical Books