Action Replay is the brand name of a series of video-game cheating devices (such as cheat cartridges) created by Datel.
Typically options include cheats, level warping, and display of internal game data not normally viewable by the player.
- Infinite lives, invulnerability, permanent power-ups, no collision detection, walk through walls, one-hit kills, super-high jumps, infinite money, etc.
- Obtain any item in the game, even those not normally obtainable (e.g. debug or removed items).
- Access or warp to any level, even those not normally accessible (e.g. test or unused levels).
- Activate debug menus, normally used by programmers when testing and debugging a game.
- Download, upload, import and export save games to the Internet or a storage device.
- Save game state to disk, so it can be restarted from that point even if the game does not support saving.
- Region-free operation.
- Loading of third-party homebrew applications/games, not backup copies of retail games.
||Sony Playstation 2
Information About Datel:
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH32869. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Images