The Simtec USB interface is a 16 bit podule with 2 host ports and a device port. The USB interface works with most Acorn RISC OS computers from the A300/400 via the A5000 to the RiscPC. and is compatable with RISC OS 3.1 and higher The main features of the USB interface are:
- Dual function podule with 16bit EASI space compatability
- Philips ISP1161A USB 1.1 compliant host controller with 2 port root hub
- 128KB of user re-programmable flash ROM. Reprogramming utility (!Snafu) supplied.
- Two root hub host ports, with power switching ensuring compatability with the podule specification
- Full over-currrent and ESD discharge protection for reliable operation during plugging and unplugging of devices
- High/low speed multi-function device port with concurrent host and device operation (not supported in software)
- Mature and proven hardware design.
The Universal Expansion card Fitting instructions are available HERE .
Date : 2001
The documentation and software for the USB Interface are still available from the Simtec web site under legacy products
Manufacturer : Simtec
Physical Description : Expansion card.
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH54122. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Image For Detail