File of memoranda enclosing reports and draft papers on the New Range. Comprises:
Date : 9th May 1969 to 8th December 1976
- photocopy of a memo from David Caminer to Mr L Lightstone, Sales Director for Bridge House South, re NRPO Studies (9 May 1969);
- carbon copy of memo from David Caminer to Mike Forrest re: 'MU' [Manchester University machine] (29 Dec 1969);
- memo from David Caminer to Mike Forrest re MIPT Report, Comments on Overview (8th Sep 1970);
- copy of typescript ('aide memoire') AM 406. Short Description of New Range, sent to David Caminer by Mike Forrest (23 Sep 1970);
- copy of typescript DTC 12 New Range Data Management System, sent by David Caminer to Mike Forrest and other members of the New Range Organisation (29 Sep 1970);
- typescript of paper, Features of New Range, undated, no author stated. Annotated at top 'C11';
- memo from P.D. Aylett, Manager of MPO at ICL, to David Caminer re Outline Business Plan (21 Jul 1971);
- memo from David Caminer to A.R. Bagshaw, Manager of ICL Project Planning, re the Business Plan (22 Oct 1971);
- typescript draft memo from David Caminer to A.R. Bagshaw 'Long-Term Developments to 1900', marked 'Secret' (9 Nov 1971);
- David Caminer's copy of a memo to G.J. Morris from John Pinkerton re a draft paper by Maurice Wilkes "The Hardware/Software Interface in the ICL 2900 Range of Computers", enclosing a typescript of the paper (7 Dec 1976). [Maurice Wilkes was acting as a consultant to ICL on the New Range 2900 series].
Physical Description : 1 file (66 pages), paper; typescript
From David Caminer's papers.
Archive References : CMLEO/DC/WF/NRG/5
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH58136. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
This document has been scanned and is available to view online.
File Size: 6.18 MB