24th February 2021
Since the previous update, the following material has been scanned, catalogued and uploaded:
David Caminer papers
I have been focussing on the significant collection of material gathered by LEO programming pioneer David Tresman Caminer, sorted and donated to the LEO Computers Society archive by his daughter, Hilary Caminer. You can find out more about David Caminer and his pivotal role in the development of LEO on his biographical page on LEOPEDIA.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/TRN/1948 Lectures on Pulse Technique (Jan-Apr 1948)
- Notes of lectures given by Lyons engineer W.J. Edwards from the earliest years of the Lyons Electronic Development Discussion Group.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/TRN/1951 Introduction to Programming (Feb 1951)
- File of lecture notes, exercises and drafts for a course: An Introduction to Programming - 3 Sessions for LEO Technical Staff.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2 Inland Revenue Tax Tables 1955/56 (Apr 1954-Oct 1957)
- David Caminer's working file relating to the run of the 1955/56 Tax Tables (or PAYE) job for the Inland Revenue, on Budget Night 1955.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/1 Specimen Lyons payslips, 1954/55
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/2 Correspondence with R. Horrex, Inland Revenue, 22-24 Sep 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/3 David Caminer's calculations for 1955/56 Tax Tables job
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/4 Seamen's Tables 1955-6
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/5 Notes on PAYE Tables from the Inland Revenue, Nov-Dec 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/6 Letter to TR Thompson, 26th Nov 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/7 David Caminer draft with a note from Mary Blood, 15 Dec 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/8 David Caminer's notes and draft flowcharts re: Weekly Table B, undated
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/9 Memo to TR Thompson, 16th Dec 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/10 Revised Requirements for the PAYE Tables for April 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/11 Notes on Tax Tables discussion with E. Rapsey, 16th Dec 1954
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/12 Correspondence with the Inland Revenue and HMSO regarding contract and scheduling, Dec 1954-Feb 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/13 Correspondence with R.E. Beales, Dec 1954-Jan 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/14 Correspondence with Inland Revenue, Feb-Mar 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/15 Paper by Anthony Barnes: Inland Revenue Tax Tables Job 1955/56
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/16 Correspondence re calculations adjustments, Mar 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/17 Letter to Inland Revenue following run of the Tax Tables job, 20th Apr 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/18 Press release: LEO and PAYE Tables, 20th Apr 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/19 Docket No 130: Summary of Programmers Time, 28th Apr 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/20 Correspondence concerning re-run of Seamen's Tables, Apr-May 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/21 Notes for a lecture on the Inland Revenue job, 2nd June 1955
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/22 Notes on PAYE
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/23 Memo regarding incorrect PAYE Tables publicity, 16th Apr 1956
- CMLEO/DC/WF/INL/2/24 Memo regarding Inland Revenue running Tax Tables on their own computer, 11th Oct 1957
We are very grateful to Hilary Caminer for scanning these photographs.
Find out more about our Heritage Lottery-funded LEO project here:
Welcome to LEO
Posted by: Jude
Click for a larger version