Third part of a file of LEO Computers Company Secretary's papers concerning the merger with English Electric.
- Photocopy of a General Notice from W.S. Radley, the Chairman of English Electric-Leo Computers Ltd, setting out the 'intentions of the Directors' in forming the new company, dated 20th Sep 1963.
- Suggested Release re English Electric Leo Computers to be issued to Stock Exchange and press on October 1st.
- Internal Lyons memo from Michael Holmyard to P.S. Dyer regarding administrative exchange of shares as part of the merger process, dated 1st Nov 1963.
- Report of the Directors. Formal statement on the merger from the Board of Directors written by W. James, Secretary, undated.
- Heads of Agreement. Photocopy of a signed agreement between English Electric and Lyons (with initialled amendments), dated 5th Feb 1963.
- Issue of 900,000 Ordinary Shares of £1. File copy of a formal memo from Lyons to the Directors of English Electric-Leo Computers regarding administrative transfer of shares, dated 7th Nov 1963.
- Draft agreement, annotated by Michael Holmyard, between Lyons and English Electric - Leo Computers concerning the maintenance of the computer system installed for Lyons at Elms House (Lyons referred to throughout as the 'customer'). Includes schedule of equipment installed, which gives useful insight into what was in use alongside LEO at that time. Dated only '1963'.
- Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name. Photocopy of official certificate confirming change of name from LEO Computers Ltd to English Electric-Leo Computers Ltd, dated 1st Apr 1963.
- Internal memo from P.S. Dyer to Michael Holmyard concerning administration of the exchange of shares within the newly-formed English Electric Leo Computers, dated 5th Nov 1963.
- Correspondence re: shares.
- Letter from W. James (Secretary of English Electric Leo Computers Ltd) to Michael Holmyard (Assistant Secretary, J. Lyons & Co) regarding issue of shares certificate, and asking that 'Leo Computers Ltd' be removed from the registered office at 66 Hammersmith Rd ('which I understand is in fact part of Cadby Hall') and replaced with 'English Electric-Leo Computers Ltd', dated 11th Nov 1963.
- Letter from W. James (Secretary of English Electric Leo Computers Ltd) to Michael Holmyard (Assistant Secretary, J. Lyons & Co) regarding issue of shares certificate, dated 3rd Dec 1963.
- File copy letter from Michael Holmyard (Assistant Secretary, J. Lyons & Co), acknowledging receipt of share certificates, dated 4th Dec 1963.
- File copy letter from Michael Holmyard (Assistant Secretary, J. Lyons & Co), sending the share certificate to the Lyons finance team 'for safe custody', dated 4th Dec 1963.
- Internal memo from W. James (Secretary, English Electric House) distributed to the top management of English Electric Leo Computers Ltd concerning Directors' Fees, dated 10th Feb 1964.
Date : 1st September 1963 to 10th February 1964
Physical Description : 1 file (27 pages), paper; typescript
Collected by Peter Bird as part of his research for his book LEO - The First Business Computer (1994).
Archive References : CMLEO/PB/CS/EELC/3
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH64321. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
This document has been scanned and is available to view online.
English Electric-Leo Computers
File Size: 11.01 MB