HP1000 F Series - System B
HP1000 F-series Complete Minicomputer System
This computer was installed on site at the Shell's Thornton Research Centre, from where it was disposed in early 2003.
This computer was installed in 1983 by a company called Autosense Equipment Ltd from Bicester. These computers were used to control the Engine Test Cells located in building 55 (ELMA) via a highway linked to a Honeywell TDC 2000 System. This system acted as the interface between the engine control systems and the computer. It ran on customised software based on one of the old languages and ran as a pair known as a Master and Slave arrangement with the Slave being a back up should the Master fail - which evidently it frequently did. Autosense were taken over by Schenck who now are Horiba.
The system is a HP3350 Laboratory Automation Systems and consists of:
HP-1000 F Series Computer,
HP 12990B Memory Extender
HP 12979B 1/O Extender
HP 7970E Tape Drive
HP 7925 Disk Drives
Comment on This Page
HP1000 F Series - System B Manuals:
Other Systems Related To HP1000 F Series - System B:
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH855. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.
Click on the Image(s) For Detail