Second Edition CDecember 1985)
This is a major revision of> and makes obsolete' LY26-3922-0.
This edition applies to Release 1.1 of MVS/370 Data Facility
Product; Program Product 5665-295; and to any subsequent
releases until otherwise indicated in new editions or technical
This publication describes the internal organization and logic
of the loader.
This publication contains the following:
• "Introduction" describes the loader as a whole# including
its relationship to the operating system. This section also
describes the major divisions of the program and how they
• "Method of Operation" provides an overview of# and an
introduction to# the logic of the loader. This section also
contains detailed descriptions of specific operations.
• "Organization of the Loader" describes the organization of
the loader and the control flow within it.
• "Microfiche Directory" directs the reader to named areas of
code in the program listing which is contained on microfiche
• "Data Areas" illustrates the layout of tables and control
blocks used by the loader. These layouts may not be
essential for an understanding of the program's logic# but
they are essential for analysis of storage dumps.
• "Diagnostic Aids" includes the general register contents at
entry points to program components# definitions of the
internal error codes# and a list of service aids available
with the loader.
• "Appendix. Error Messages# Etc." contains a list of error
messages and the routines and CSECTs they originate in.
This section also contains a list of loader input
conventions and restrictions# and detailed descriptions of
input record formats.
• "List of Terms and Abbreviations" lists the terms and
abbreviations used in this book# and what they mean.
This document has recently been digitised and made available here. Digitising our collections requires significant resources. Please consider making a donation to the Centre if you download this document! The donate button is at the top of this page, by the search bar.
Reference Number : LY26-3922-1
Date Published : 1985
Manufacturer : IBM
Format : PDF (128 pages)
This exhibit has a reference ID of CH8606. Please quote this reference ID in any communication with the Centre for Computing History.