1st May 2020
The following LEO Computers Society archive files have been now been catalogued, digitised and uploaded to the LEO pages here on the CCH website over the past fortnight.
Files now available from David Caminer's papers:
- CMLEO/DC/WF/NRG/4 ICL Business Plan: Report to New Range Working Party, 1971
- CMLEO/DC/WF/NRG/5 ICL New Range memoranda and drafts, 1969-76.
- This file includes a draft of a paper by Prof Maurice Wilkes of the Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge, who was at that time acting as a consultant for ICL on development of the New Range: "The Hardware/Software Interface in the ICL 2900 Range of Computers" (7 Dec 1976)
- CMLEO/DC/WF/NRG/9 ICL Pocket Guide to System B, 1973
- CMLEO/DC/CW/19741106 Memo to David Caminer from B.M. Murphy of ICL, enclosing a fascinating draft timeline history of the Computer Industry (covering 1936-1974) for a proposed History of Computing gallery at the Science Museum.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/EEC/2 Contract between Cap Sogeti Systems and ICL Belgium (Dec 1976)
- CMLEO/DC/WF/EEC/3 Contract between ICL Belgium, France Communication (FC) and Methodes et Techniques de l'Informatique Europe S.A. (MTI) - Jan 1977
- CMLEO/DC/WF/EEC/4 EEC Project Information Package - Moving to Luxembourg (Feb 1977). ICL produced this informal guide for its employees working on the EEC project with practical tips on re-settling in Luxembourg.
- CMLEO/DC/WF/EEC/11 EEC Luxembourg ICL 2980 System Pre-Delivery Demonstration Proposal (Apr-May 1977)
A word on text searching documents
Where possible, we have applied an OCR process to printed or typewritten documents to make them text searchable, but the reliability of the search often depends on the quality of the originals. Unfortunately it's not yet possible to make manuscript papers text-searchable - we will be working on providing transcriptions of significant manuscripts as the project continues.
Find out more about our Heritage Lottery-funded LEO project here: Welcome to LEO
Posted by: Jude
Click for a larger version